Refills and Renewals
Updated January 01, 2024
Due to the overwhelming volume of prescription requests and associated insurance administrative tasks, all prescription refills and renewals require an appointment with Dr. McGinty. To provide you with the best possible care, please request any prescription refills during your regularly scheduled office visit. Prescription refills and renewals are not processed between appointments.
Please be advised of the following:
- Controlled substances require an appointment for each refill or renewal. This includes Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta, etc. Depending on your medication and insurance, this may be monthly. (Some insurance companies will allow you to have a longer supply via a prefered mail order pharmacy. Contact your insurance company to inquire.)
- Office support staff can not take medication refills or renewals by phone.
- Some medications may require prior authorization. Depending on your insurance, this process may involve several steps by both your pharmacy and your provider. Neither the pharmacy nor the provider can guarantee that your insurance company will approve the medication. Be sure to check with your pharmacy or your insurance company for updates.
- Be sure your personal information filed with us is consistent with that filed with your insurance company; otherwise, your prescription may be rejected by the pharmacy.
- You can schedule a refill appointment online or call the office at (202) 882-2565.